Thursday, May 30, 2013

It is the time of the year to get in shape and tone that body that should already be in good shape; time has run out because you are already on the beach. Well my dad was Italian so I love to eat, my mom is Irish so I love to drink and I am a lazy American so I love to sleep. How am I going to get all skinny and toned for the beach? I travel a lot now so the exercise rooms in the hotels make my pectoral muscles perky but I still need a boost.

There is also the problems with sleeping etiquette. After I spend my Memorial Day weekend eating as much Italian food as I can and drinking as much Irish Whiskey as I can I must sleep as much as I can and that often comes with my personal snoring machine. It follows me everywhere even if I try not to claim it as my own. So, now comes the sleep divorce with the wife. For many it means not necessarily separate lives but can mean separate bedrooms if you can’t get that snoring machine of yours to stop.

Some doctors even claim that sleeping apart can save your marriage. What good is having a wife if you can’t sleep with her? I will never go to that doctor. They even say that sleeping can help you to lose weight. Ok, now I might listen to that doctor. Read the book called The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan by Michael Breus who says “ Lose Weight through Better Sleep” so of course I bought the book. However, I did fall asleep a few times trying to read it. I hope I lost some pounds while sleeping.

The premise is that if you sleep better you will eat less. Well if I sleep all the
 time sure I can’t eat while sleeping. People that are sleep deprived have a hormonal imbalance. cortisol levels raise which means your appetite increases. Excessive and prolonged stress can cause the body to produce too much cortisol which can play a role in craving “comfort” foods, overeating, feeling fatigued. Then your metabolism slows down. 

 
There are two other harmones, one is called hrelin that is the go hormone telling you to eat and leptin telling you to stop eating. If there was a hormone in your body whose chief job was to make you feel hungry, most of us probably wouldn't be too keen on it. (I don't know about you, but having a healthy appetite has never been a problem for me.) But if there was a hormone that decreased our appetites, we'd order buckets of it!

They are called the "hunger hormones," leptin and ghrelin. Leptin is a hormone, made by fat cells, that decreases your appetite. Ghrelin is a hormone that increases appetite, and also plays a role in body weight. Levels of leptin -- the appetite suppressor -- are lower when you're thin and higher when you're fat. But many obese people have built up a resistance to the appetite-suppressing effects of leptin, says obesity expert Mary Dallman, PhD, from University of California at San Francisco. Ghrelin, the appetite increaser, is released primarily in the stomach and is thought to signal hunger to the brain. You'd expect the body to increase ghrelin if a person is undereating and decrease it if he or she is overeating.

 
The more sleep depriver you are the more you go for the cakes, the cookies and the pies. So sleep and you will want to eat healthier foods. Studies within the last five years have also proven that with only 36 to 45 hours of sleep depravation people can become pre-diabetic. It can be a mess so sleep is directly related to your eating patterns and choices of foods. No wonder pills like Lunesta and Ambien are so popular theses days to get people to sleep.

Avoid caffeine and spicy foods before going to bed. The body is designed for digesting food sitting or standing not lying down so the timing of your last meal should be hours before you sleep. You will avoid heartburn and indigestion and acid reflux. If you manage to loose five pounds your snoring will decrease and your wife will be able to get an extea hours sleep. Happy wife happy life they say.

Women need more sleep than men. Women’s brains can handle more data than men. They remember everything. They are better at multitasking than men too. So, that extra sleep helps women to handle all they do . Multi tasking multi orgasm let her sleep for a better life. Let me work on my new diet too. I’m going back to sleep.



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment