Saturday, July 14, 2012

blog


[IMG00463-20120612-1135.jpg]I have written over 500 posts here on pretty much every subject you can think of. Yes, it is a strange blog but with a purpose. I aim to discuss all different subjects and add a few facts that you may or may not know about the person, place or thing. I write because it is my forum to be able to express my views on any subject. It is my platform to expose injustice or carelessness or pompousness or anything I wish to discuss.
Thank you for sharing my journey through life’s events and new products. In the two years I have been writing my few paragraph each day, many of you shared your thoughts and all wrote something nice, agreeable and I was deeply honored that you not only took the time out to read my rants but also bothered to use your precious fingers to jot a few lines of caring words back to me.
The past few days I was at my daughter’s college orientation. It forced me to realize how quickly changes happen in all our lives. It was all about moving on and having the courage to make new choices in our lives. College is important if we have the ability to attend an institution. It is all about the difference training is that simply allows you to learn to do a specific task where as College teaches us to think and gives us the courage to think out of training into the “what if’s” of life. We all need to think and not just do. Most of us are cowards, afraid to move anywhere. We are lucky to be warm in our homes, successful in our jobs, being able to afford our cars and finding happiness with those around us .
There isn’t even any time to think about what we really want in life no less having the courage to find it and keep it. So, as we age we become bitter awful people. We hate. We blame other’s for our failings instead of look in the mirror and say, No, idiot. You have done things wrong and that is why you are so disappointed.” Ultimately, it is you in the mirror that created any sadness in your life. But, you refuse to hate yourself, so you hate others.
I bought the new book Joan Rivers just released and wrote. I like the old gal who has popped into my life in the media being crass and brutally honest in her comments throughout the years. The book is a short read, nothing to really think about but it is ironically called, “I hate everyone….Starting with me.” Recent events make me feel the same way.
I find myself agreeing with her topics that are so outrageous that it does become comedic. Look either you laugh or you cry. I prefer to laugh through some of life’s horrors. No, I won’t ever selfishly commit suicide and insult whoever is responsible to giving me life. It is up to my maker to decide when I die NOT ME. I will stay here as long as I can and try to share whatever good I can think of with others.
Joan says, “Love may be a many-splendor thing, but hate makes the world go round. If you think I’m kidding, just watch the six o’clock news. The first twenty-nine minutes are all about dictators and murderers and terrorists. Some things I’ve hated forever, some are new acquisitions and some are just plain passing fancies. “ Today I hate the happy over paid beautiful and handsome TV weather forecasters that are always wrong in their predictions, still getting paid well and simply say that the wind shifted while I am drenched without the umbrella they said I didn’t need today.
I know what you are saying. Hate is a very strong word but I also use it as a term, the way mental-health professionals use the word schizophrenia as a catchall for any particular brand of crazy they can’t identify. So, when I say hate, I don’t necessarily mean hate. I could also mean loathe, detest, abhor, dislike, despise or resent. See, isn’t that kinder and gentler?
For those of you thinking Jeeze , this guy seems a little angry, you’re half right. I am angry. I’m also fed up like Joan. I’m fed up with the morons and losers and cretins who are cluttering up the planet. Emma Lazarus wrote,” Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” But being fed up and angry is better than being depressed. Why? Because antidepressants like Prozac, Wellbutrn and Zoloft are chemicals not found in nature. Not part of even being human.
I’m tired of people saying to me, “Ralph, could you please try to be nice to Dean? He’s depressed.” No! Why should I have to work like a pack animal trying to be nice to Dean because that asshole’s having a bad day? Depression is a buzz kill for everyone involved except, of course, for the person who is actually depressed. That moody sourpuss gets all the attention, which only feeds their narcissism.
I believe the great philosopher Descartes said it best when he said, “I whine, therefore, I am.” But who really cares what Descartes said? You know where Descartes is today? Dead. So much for honesty being the best policy. So, I am still alive and I will share all that I like or dislike. Thank You for listening. The 47 thousands of viewers like you are my family and I don’t even know who you are.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment